Everyone loves candy! A quick and easy way to send the messages you want to give about false tobacco propaganda is to put it on candy. You can simply attach a piece of candy to a saying or a fact and hand them out, and you can do that anywhere.
With the holiday season approaching, consider attaching facts to candy canes!
Determine your message, location, date, and how much candy you will need. Have volunteers to buy candy, design the messages, and print them out.
Create your message, attach it to your candy, and hand it out. Allow for plenty of time or plenty of help to attach your message to the candy.
- Get permission to hand out the candy if necessary.
- Let your local media and No Limits know about your event ahead of time.
Words of Wisdom:
- Have a simple message that you can put on a small piece of paper. Small labels are a great way to make your message stick. Just keep the message brief.
- It’s easy to go over your budget. Plan ahead. Limit the group size or purchase different candy to stay within your budget.
- Get a variety of candy and give it away to more than just your friends.
- Wear No Limits shirts, hang up your banner, or make a sign so people recognize you.