While we wish things were different, the current pandemic continues to impact all of us and what we had hoped to be an in-person event. We take the health and safety of our participants and volunteers seriously, so we made the tough decision to hold the Mobilize Against Tobacco Lies trainings and events virtually this year. Even though we will not be together in person, we are so excited to have you virtually join us for this event. There is so much that we can accomplish as a group across the country.
Register now to join a group of individuals and organizations, including No Limits, from all across the country who are working together to expose the truth about the commercial tobacco industry and the ways it produces, manufactures, markets, and promotes its deadly products!
This year we have even more individuals and organizations joining us and our activities will start with a kick-off event on April 8, 2021, and continue through No Menthol Sunday and the Philip Morris USA Shareholders meeting towards the end of May. There will be plenty of virtual programming—through social media, training webinars, at-home activities—to foster youth engagement and mobilize against the tobacco industry. This year, we will be orienting our activities around 7 truths about the tobacco industry to counter their lies.
Here is a list of this year’s pieces of training and events:
- Thursday, April 8: Kick-off and Social Media Advocacy training at 6:00-7:00 p.m. CDT
- Saturday, April 10: Youth-Get Together and Meet the Youth Leaders event at 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, April 15: Corporate Campaigning 101 training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, April 22: Philip Morris’ History of Lies training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, April 29: Tobacco Industry Marketing 101 training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, May 6: Tobacco Industry Targeting and Reach training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, May 13: Shareholder Meetings’ Importance training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Sunday, May 16: Conversation About Menthol training at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, May 18: Mock Shareholder Meeting event at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, May 20: Altria Shareholder Meeting event at 9:00-11:00 a.m. CDT
- Thursday, May 20: Altria Shareholder Meeting Discussion event at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, May 27: Instagram Live Event Wrap Party at 6:00-6:30 p.m. CDT
As youth, you have the power to change the social norm created by Big Tobacco and celebrate our collaborative achievements. Use the activities of Mobilize Against Tobacco Lies as an opportunity to share the truth as well as make a statement. We can’t wait to see what you do during this event and in the future!
Register today to receive your toolkit to guide you through this awesome nationwide event!