Hollywood has had a major role in glamorizing tobacco products, but that promotion came at a cost. The Marlboro Man, another Marlboro Man, John Candy, Babe Ruth, Marilyn Monroe . . . the list goes on and on. Create a graveyard for stars who died from tobacco-related diseases.
Determine your message, location, and date. Make a list of supplies you will need, including paper, paint, tape, cardboard, and scissors. Don’t forget to get permission to display your graveyard.
Put your ideas into action. Create tombstones with information about the various celebrities Big Tobacco has taken from us.
- Collect cardboard
- Cut the cardboard into tombstone shapes
- Get a list of celebrities who have died from tobacco-related illnesses from http://tobacco.cleartheair.org.hk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Tobacco-kills-2-out-of-every-three-users.pdf
- Put short biographies and headshots of your chosen celebrities on the tombstones
- Optional: Gather information about tobacco-related diseases and have information available on a poster near your graveyard
- Let your local media and No Limits know about your event ahead of time
Words of Wisdom:
- Create more than tombstones. Include trees, fences, and an entry sign.